Through this village an artificial canal streams, constructed to supply the lakes of Telč with water. At the village green one finds the chapel of Sts Cyryl and Methodius, built in 1885 and recently (1985) decorated with a crucifix by blacksmith Alfréd Habrmann and with stations of the cross by painter Josef Zahradník.
In 1423, this Gothic castle has been conquered and destroyed by one of the armies of the followers of Jan Hus. From this time, there are visible only parts of the moats, the foundations of some buildings and one high wall on the edge of a steep slope, presumebly the remains of a tower. The access to the ruins is free.
This nature reserve concerns a stream of large boulders, which originates from the last Ice Age, when melting snow and mud caused the rocks to slide downhill from the area around Štamberk castle. At present, most of the stream is covered by the forest. Between the boulders a lot of bilberries can be found.
Two forest lakes, offen used for swimming. Especially the lake Horní Mrzatec is known for its clear water. According to a legend, the inhabitants of the former village at the location of the lower lake ("Dolní Mrzatec") all died during an epidemic of the plaque.
The small town of Mrákotín is known for its high quality granite. In 1925, the huge monolith at the third courtyard of the Prague Castle has been produced in one the local quarries.
This hamlet used to be a wellknown spa, initiated in the 17th century by count Jáchym Slavata. On the hilltop just outside the hamlet one finds the miners' church of St. Jáchym. There used to be some silver mines in the surroundings of Dobrá Voda.
All the way from Krahulčí to Telč you have this church at you left. Perched at a low, yet prominent hilltop, it dominates its surroundings. The church has a ground plan in the shape of a cross and is a typical archetype of a pure Baroque building. It is one of the oldest churches dedicated to St. jan Nepomucký, even before he was officially declared a saint.
Dates from the first half of the 14th century. In the 16th century it has been reconstructed into a renaissance hutting castle by Zachariáš z Hradce. With two deerparks it functioned as a hunting castle until 1915, when it burned down. The reconstruction took place during the years 1956 - 1982. At present, the castle houses, collections of the Highland Museum. The 28 ms high, Gothic tower with its seven edges is opened to visitors as well. In summertime a lot of events are organised in the castle's courtyard.
This is a rock with towerlike formations of seperate granite plates. The rock is surrounded by a field of large boulders and since it is situated at a height of 773 ms above sea level, and the trees in the neighbourhood are not yet too high, it provides a marvellous view to the south and east. In 1829, tha last wolf of the Highlands was shot on this spot. Sometimes the eagle-owl nests in the rock.
This lake was constructed for the water-supply of Telč in the 16th century. Nowadays it is a nature reserve, in summertime often used for swimming. An instruction path with information panels leads over the damm of the lake.
This chapel is situated along the forest road from Vanov to Telč. It has been erected in 1663, by countess Františka Slavatová. It is said that in 1662 her son, Karel Jáchym Slavata, got trapped in a pitfall for wolves at this place. He swore to join the order of the first munk he would meet, if only he would be saved. After a horrible night, peasants from nearby Vanov helped him out of the pit and Karel really joined the order of the White Friars. Close to the chapel one finds a Calvary (a crucifix with statues of the Virgin Mary, of St. John and of Mary Magdalene).